Powered by Blogger.

Dell Streak 7 16GB, Wi-Fi (Unlocked), 7in - Black


Before I start, I need to explain something. This is a 7" tablet, not a 10" tablet. If you want a 10", buy a 10". For me the 7" form factor was preferable. I already have a larger tablet, and I find that the 7" form factor leads me to bring it with me more places and more often.

Compare this 7" tablet with other 7" tablets and there's hardly any comparison. You can forget the no-name off-brand Chinese imitations. You can get a used Dell Streak 7 for about $250, and you get so much more than the Chinese tablets have to offer.

Five Reasons You'll Love the Dell Streak 7:
First: Capacitive Touch Screen is soooooo much better than cheap resistive.
Second: GPS built-in - the Chinese tabs just don't have it.
Third: 16 GB of built-in storage, PLUS an SD card slot for up to 32 GB more that you can swap in and out with ease.
Fourth: Full Android Market - the Chinese tabs come with bogus markets and incomplete app lists
Fifth: Dual Core 1Ghz processor - not 600Mhz or 800Mhz single core, like most of the Chinese tabs

The only 7" tablet that compares in features and quality is the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7, and it is about $50-100 more on the used market. The only thing it has that the Streak 7 doesn't is a higher resolution screen. Personally, I don't see a need for it. Could you tell the difference side-by-side: probably. Is it important: probably not.

Also for you modders and hackers out there, an aftermarket Honeycomb ROM is available for the Streak 7 already.


0 comments:

Post a Comment